Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year from Texas!!!!

Lord, I know New Year’s resolutions rarely last,
But I also know it’s good to make them.
Sometimes one of them sticks;
Sometimes one of them really makes it.
So, this year I resolve to begin and end each day with a prayer:
“Thank you, Lord, for the gift of another day.”
This year I resolve:
To taste what I eat, especially for breakfast;
To walk more than I sit;
To listen more than I talk;
To read more than I watch TV;
To let the small things slide and the big things be confronted;
To sing more in church and in the shower;
To allow for more mystery and more laughter in my life;
To be compassionate rather than competitive,
allowing myself more second place finishes, to enjoy
the look in the eye of the person who comes in first-especially my kids;
To walk more by faith than by fear;
To make opportunities happen more than chips and sweets;
To communicate more than to quarrel;
To get second opinions on my judgments;
To live in the present moment living one day at a time
Instead of being stuck in the past or hiding out in the future;
and to live up to at least one of these resolutions.
-Andrew Costello